Let me first go on record as saying I love a skinny jean. There is nothing that tucks into a boot better than a skinny jean. However, the one trend I’m most excited about for this spring and summer is wide legs.
They started coming into style last year so I gave them a shot. And, as it turns out, I love me some wide leg pants:
I love them in wide leg ankle length, like the above pair. And I love them in culotte/gaucho form, like this thrifted pair:
Now, they are not, perhaps, as figure-flattering as some other items in my closet. But, I’ve realized that figure-flattery isn’t high on my list of priorities when I get dressed. Is it because, as I get older, I have less of a figure to flatter? It’s possible; but mostly, comfort and joy are just prioritized higher for me.
And darn it, wide leg pants bring me joy. Also, they really are super comfortable. And, they are also very versatile. They can be dressed up, they can be dressed down, they can be worn under a dress:
So, yeah, I’m all about wide legs this season.
What about you, Reader Friends? Will you be trying this trend? If so, you can see some of my favorites below.
1. Pleated Gaucho Pants – I love a pleated skirt, and am pretty sure pleated gauchos are also great.
2. Ann Taylor Piped Ankle Pants – I have these pants and they are both fabulous and currently on sale.
3. Pleated Crepe Culottes – These are a white version of my thrifted black culottes shown above.
1. Blush Crepe Culottes – A great pleated pair in one of the Pantone colors of the season.
2. Gap Pleated Culottes – In case you want to show a little more leg; also in white and khaki.
3. J. Crew Cropped Pants – I love, love, love the color and the drape on these pants.
1. Old Navy Cropped Pants – A casual option; also available in navy.
2. Floral Print Silk – Don’t be afraid of printed culottes; just treat them as you would a printed midi.
3. Drapey Culottes – An easy, draped pair, similar to my cream linen pair worn above.