*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Michelle requested a few picks for dark wash, non-distressed jeans that work in business casual environments, so here we go:
NYDJ Billie Mini Bootcut – was $110, now $82.50
NYDJ can always be relied on for non-distressed jeans – like this baby bootcut pair – that will pass muster in business casual workplaces. This style has a high rise and is made in the U.S.! Available in sizes 0 -16 regular, and 00P – 18P petite. This wash isn’t available but the Billie comes in black and another dark wash in sizes 14W – 24W.
Old Navy High Rise Rockstar – was $34.94, now $32
Generally speaking, buying higher quality denim for business casual wear is wise … but if you’re on a tight budget a super dark rinse like this from a mall brand like ON will do the trick. I love the high rise Rockstar myself – a super comfy skinny fit – but if you’d rather go for a different rise or cut, Old Navy has 39 dark wash options right now. This pair is available in sizes 0 -20 in short, regular, and long inseams as well as petite and tall sizes. This similar mid-rise style is available in sizes 16 -30 in short, regular, and long inseams.
J.Crew Factory Straight and Narrow – was $85, now $42.50
And for a classic straight leg in a whisker-free wash, this pair will serve you well. Aside from trouser jeans, straight legs often read as the dressiest, so if you aren’t a fan of skinnies or boots, try this cut instead. Available in sizes 24 – 34 in a 31″ inseam, and sizes 24 – 34 in a 29″ inseam. A few pairs available with a 33″ inseam. This similar straight leg style is available in 14W – 24W, as well as 14WP – 24WP (petite plus).
Sustainable resources for non-distressed jeans:
- Fair Indigo – Simple dark wash in a mid-rise straight leg or slim leg.
- J.Brand – Distressed and light washes available, too, but J.Brand does a gorgeous simple dark wash.
- NYDJ – No longer making all products in the U.S., but most jeans are manufactured domestically. This skinny ankle pair is right up my alley. Petite and plus sizes available in some styles.
- Karen Kane – If you’re open to dark wash jeggings or dark neutrals, check this vendor. Plus sizes available in some styles.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for non-distressed jeans:
- Gap – I’ve probably tried 20 denim brands by now, and I always come back to Gap. (Buy mine used on eBay now, tho.)
- Kut from the Kloth – Great for fans of mid-rise styles. These boot cuts are totally classic.
- Frame – If you’re a premium denim lover, try this brand. Frame’s dark washes are DARK.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.