*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
roxyrampage requested a few picks for low-rise pants and jeans, so here we go:
FIRST, A QUICK NOTE: I believe roxyrampage was ideally seeking petite plus low-rise bottoms, which do not seem to exist. At least, not in Google-searchable quantities. Tonight’s selection includes some petites and plus sizes, but I’ve also got a list of petite plus resources below. Hope this is still somewhat helpful!
Express Columnist Ankle Pant – was $69.99, now $39.99
Express is one of the few brands that’s still stocking low rise styles, apparently! This ankle pant is a poly/cotton blend and comes in classic colors, as well as seasonally summery ones like this mustard. Also in navy, burgundy, white, cobalt, coral, or dusty red in sizes 0 -12. Eloquii’s Kady pant is also an ankle style and comes in a great spread of colors and sizes 14 – 28, but it is not a low rise pant.
Lucky Brand Lil Maggie – was $119, now $34.99
Additional 30% off taken in shopping cart
Lucky describes the Lil Maggie style as “ultra low rise,” and with a 7.5″ rise I tend to agree. I love this dusty, slightly sanded wash, but this style does come in other colors and washes. Available in waist sizes 24 – 33, and inseams 30 – 34. This similar style is available in sizes 16 – 28.
7th Avenue Design Studio Pant – was $59.95, now $29.97
Although it’s described as a slim fit, depending on your build this pant may look more like a straight leg. With a 31″ inseam it will be a full-length pant on many figures, and the wide low waistband makes for a comfortable fit. Available in sizes 0 -18, including petite and tall sizes. Not quite as low rise, but this pant has a similar look in sizes 14W – 24W.
Resources for petite plus OR low-rise plus-sized pants and jeans:
- Lane Bryant – Rises are still fairly high, but curvy options are available in some petite plus styles. (One low rise jean is available, but not in petites.)
- Torrid – No petites, but lower rises available in jeans like this versatile skinny.
- Talbots – Your best bet for petite plus suiting and office-wear, in my opinion. Not cheap, but quality.
Sustainable resources for low-rise pants and jeans:
- J.Brand – Gorgeous, premium denim in low rises, made in the U.S.
- Frame – My current denim obsession, with loads of low and mid rises in classic washes and styles.
- eBay – Thousands of new-to-you low-rise options!
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for low-rise pants and jeans:
- Express – Both jeans and dress pants in low rises.
- New York & Company – The Runway fit is a lower style, as is the legging. Petite and tall fits available!
- Target – Mostly jeans, chinos, and shorts, so better for casual dressers.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.