*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
QuahogHedgehog requested a few picks for cropped or short cardigans, so here we go:
Woolovers Cropped Cardigan – was $54, now $40
If you ask me, this cardigan is somewhere between “short” and “cropped,” but it’s likely to fall at high hip or above on most frames. It’s a cashmere/merino blend that’s machine washable (on the delicate cycle) and will fit through a 46″ bust. Available in this heather orange as well as 14 other colors including red, black, navy, yellow, purple, pink, and green in sizes S – XXL. (Check size charts – Woolovers is one of the few brands that measures and posts individual garment stats.) This similar style is available in 1X – 4X.
Boden Favourite Cropped Cardigan – was $58, now $34
With 3/4-length sleeves and a true cropped length, Boden’s cardi has a fabulous retro feel to it. The item description says this style is fitted, but it looks a bit boxy to me and reviewers recommend sizing up if you’d like to wear the sweater buttoned. Available in this blush as well as aqua, camel, yellow, lavender, steel gray, and 9 other colors in sizes 2 – 18. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in 1X – 4X.
Land’s End Dress Cardigan – was $49, now $39.20
with code TWO20 and pin 2020 (Progressive sale – check site for more codes)
As its name indicates, this cardigan is designed at a length that pairs beautifully with dresses – a bit shorter than average, though not truly cropped. And it’s made from supima cotton, so it’ll wash and wear beautifully. Available in this pink as well as aqua, navy, black, white, or coral in sizes XS – XL, as well as petite, plus, and tall sizes. Size availability varies by color.
Loft Cropped Cardigan – was $49.50, now $34.65
Discount taken in cart
If you prefer more of a shrug look, this button-free cropped cardigan will fit the bill. A machine-washable viscose/nylon blend, and most reviewers loved it, though a few mentioned boxy fit. Available in this black as well as clay, periwinkle, or white in sizes XXS – XXL. Also available in petite sizes. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in sizes 14 – 28.
- Talbots Dress shrug in regular and plus sizes
- RSVP Bre Shrug, which comes in chartreuse, coral, or bright purple
- Anne Klein cardi in cobalt, pink, black, or white
- Dress Barn half-sleeve plus size shrug in six colors including a gorgeous midnight blue
- Ann Taylor’s cropped cardis, which come in regular and petite sizes, including a few patterns
Sustainable resources for cropped or short cardigans:
- Kowtow – Several elegant, drapey cropped styles.
- Eileen Fisher – In regular and plus sizes. Also check eBay if the prices make you balk.
- Fair Indigo – Just one style, in organic cotton with low-impact dyes.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for cropped or short cardigans:
- Modcloth – Cropped cardis always in stock!
- Talbots – Has stocked the “Dress Shrug” for several seasons, and it looks like it’ll stick around.
- Kohl’s – Both boleros and traditional cropped cardis abound.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.