*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Cathy requested a few picks for quality belts with an elastic section, so here we go:
Fossil Elastic Waist – was $48, now $34.99
Unfortunately “quality” and “elastic” don’t frequently go hand-in-hand, but Fossil belts are pretty reliable so I’m hoping this tan leather one will be well-made. The elastic panel in back is pretty discreet, so ideal if you just need a bit of stretch. Only in size small and large, but this similar one is available in small, medium, and large at full price. Nothing truly similar in plus sizes, but this tan Torrid belt has a stretch panel in back.
Style & Co Asymmetrical Stretch Belt – was $34, now $21.99
Much wider and also made from faux leather, this belt might be a little lower on the quality scale … but I’ve had good luck with this Macy’s house brand. Available in this black as well as brown in sizes S/M, M/L, and L/XL. Also in red for $15.30! Not asymmetric, but this wide belt is available in plus sizes.
Ralph Lauren Stretch Braided Belt – was $38, now $18.24 – $24.95
And if you want to avoid leather – faux or otherwise – a braided elastic belt like this is a great choice. This one comes in navy and black, but is only available in sizes L and XL. This similar one comes in seven colors in sizes S – XL. This style is braided (not elastic) and available in plus sizes.
Sustainable resources for belts with elastic:
- Etsy – Most sustainable belts are in the “handmade leather” realm, so not many vendors to recommend here. Etsy, however, has both handmade and vintage options.
- eBay – Loads of secondhand styles in a variety of sizes. This triple-buckle one is fantastic.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for belts with elastic:
- Amazon – If you want the post options – including plus size – start here. This angled Steve Madden belt looks incredibly cool.
- Macy’s – Never thought of this department store as a great belt resource, but with 20+ elastic belts, it’s worth trying!
- Modcloth – Check reviews for quality feedback, but lots of cute-looking styles are available. Love this butterscotch waist-cincher.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.