*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Kirsten requested a few picks for chambray shirts, so here we go:
Sonoma Essential Chambray Shirt – was $36, now $24.99
This cotton/Tencel blend shirt seems to have a great drape, and this medium wash is incredibly versatile. (Though it comes in a dark wash, too!) Available in sizes S – XL. Also in petites, and this similar style comes in sizes 14W – 24W. Also love this chambray tunic in regular and plus sizes.
J.Crew Factory Classic Chambray Shirt – was $68, now $39.50
Don’t worry, those sleeves unroll to full length! This is a 100% cotton shirt so won’t have much stretch, but has great, menswear-influenced styling with larger flap pockets and a perfectly neutral wash. Available in sizes XXS – XXL. This similar style comes in a variety of washes in sizes S – 3x.
Old Navy Chambray Button-down Shirt – was $29.94, now $16.16
Discount applied at checkout
Hmmm, Kirsten was hoping for chambray with stretch, and I’m realizing now that none of the dozens of shirts I scouted mentioned spandex … this one, for instance, is 100% cotton. (This collarless/workshirt one has 25% poly, but only comes in smaller sizes!) eBay and thrift stores might be better bets if stretch is a must! Anyhoo, this Old Navy shirt rounds out our pocket options nicely – high small pockets at Kohl’s, larger flap pockets at J.Crew, and a single pocket here. Available in sizes XS – XXL, including petite and tall sizes. Couldn’t find a similar one-pocket, but this light wash comes in sizes 10 -30.
Sustainable resources for chambray shirts:
- Study New York – Not many traditional shirts, but loads of fun, arty chambray styles.
- Alternative Apparel – Several light wash styles. This work shirt also comes in black chambray.
- Patagonia – Button-fronts and tunics made with organic fibers.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for chambray shirts:
- Gap – Summer is chambray time at the Gap, so get on over there for shirts aplenty, including maternity options.
- Kohl’s – Lots more in addition to the one above, including petite and plus sizes. This popover is a nice alternative to a classic button-front.
- J.Crew – At least five washes in trendy-Western styles. Love this selvedge version.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.