*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Claudia requested a few picks for colorful blouses that look good under suit jackets, so here we go:
Apt 9 Crepe Blouse – was $36, now $19.99
Super simple, but that makes this top ideal for layering. The lightweight crepe will tuck into suit pants or skirts beautifully, and the v-neckline will sit perfectly between blazer lapels. Available in this red as well as plum, mint, purple, black, white, marble, or two abstract prints in sizes XS – XXL. Size availability varies by color. Also available in plus sizes.
Talbots Hammered Silk Pleat-top Shell – was $89.50, now $55.99
(additional 30% taken in shopping cart)
If you tend to get warm in your suits or worry about sleeve-bunching, a simple shell like this is a great solution. Hammered silk has a marvelously luxe texture and shine, and will look fantastic peeking out from your jackets. Available in this pink as well as forest green or black in sizes 2 -16, as well as petite, plus, and petite plus sizes. Size availability varies by color.
J.Crew Factory Drapey V-neck blouse – was $75, now $30
with code HAPPYSALE
I know that button-front blouses are go-tos when it comes to suit pairings, but since so many of us deal with gapping I’m recommending pullovers tonight. This machine-washable v-neck blouse is a little staid on its own, but will look positively bold worn with a charcoal blazer and pencil skirt. Available in this blue as well as red or black in sizes XXS – XL. Size availability varies by color. This similar blouse is available in plus sizes.
Sustainable resources for colorful blouses:
- The Realreal – Gorgeous, high-quality, gently used designer blouses in a rainbow of colors.
- Cuyana – Sophisticated, dusty tones in sumptuous silk.
- Karen Kane – This brand typically offers a sprinkling of button-front and pullover blouses in vibrant colors. This asymmetric red blouse might be a bit awkward under a suit jacket, but it’s made in the U.S. and a great design.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for colorful blouses:
- LOFT – More so than it’s sister company, Ann Taylor, LOFT tends to stock a variety of colors. Heavier on the jewel tones than brights, like this mustard piped blouse.
- Modcloth – Check here if you’re seeking pretty prints in addition to solids.
- Banana Republic – BR generally relies on neutrals, but in the blouse department you’ll find bold brights and prints. Love this keyhole neckline blouse.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.