*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Sam requested a few picks for fancy/dressy maxi dresses, so here we go:
eShakti Poplin Sash Maxi Dress – was $52.95, now $47.66
with code DEAL10
This dress might not be formal enough for an indoor evening affair since poplin is a fairly summery, slightly casual fabric. But the sweeping design, high neckline, and pretty sash make it less beachy and more dressy than your average jersey maxi. Available in sizes 0 – 36W. Also in cobalt, red, purple, and several prints. And, as with all eShakti frocks, you can customize neckline and sleeves!
Chaps Embellished Faux Wrap Evening Gown – was $130, now $78
with code SCOREBIG
If you need something cocktail-party-ready, this dress kicks it up to the next level of fanciness. It’s a stretchy jersey but with a crepe-y, matte texture and the side ruching and embellishment make it marvelously elegant. Available in this black as well as navy or white in sizes 2 – 16, sold out in 14. Size availability varies by color. This dress has similar features and is available in sizes 12 – 28.
Selina Dress in Leavers Lace – was $298, now $89.99
with code NEWCLOTHES
And for full-on fancy, this long-sleeved lace maxi dress makes quite a statement. It’s a cotton-blend so hopefully won’t be too stuffy for summer evenings. Be aware that this style is final sale! Available in this gray as well as burgundy, black, or navy in sizes 00 -14. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in sizes 10 – 32.
Star Vixen Tulip Skirt Maxi Dress – was $45, now $17.84 – $44.90
And since “fancy” can cover everything from black tie to beach parties, here’s a simple jersey maxi dress with design details that help it rise above the average. The wide waistband and tulip skirt set this dress apart from empire-waisted cookie-cutter frocks, and Star Vixen clothes are made in the U.S.! Available in this burgundy as well as black, coral, turquoise, or royal blue in sizes S – XL. Size availability varies by color. Also in 1X – 3X.
Sustainable resources for fancy/dressy maxi dresses:
- Reformation – Gorgeous maxis like this split hem dress in six pretty prints and solid navy.
- Bead & Reel – Just a few sustainable options, but they’re lovely ones! Check out this stellar convertible maxi dress.
- Karen Kane – Simple shapes in solids and prints that are made from nice, heavy materials and can be dressed up with great accessories.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for fancy/dressy maxi dresses:
- eShakti – A fabulous selection of dressy maxis, including this pretty printed cap sleeve maxi.
- Anthropologie – The majority of Anthro’s maxis are dressy enough for cocktails.
- Talbots – Most Talbots maxi dresses are pretty prints, which generally feel dressier than simple solids. This printed dress has a slightly tropical feel, but would dress up beautifully with a structured, cropped jacket and heels.
- Nordstrom – Maxis of every kind, including petite and plus sizes. The details on this clean-lined maxi make it so elegant.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.