*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Olivia requested a few picks for edgy but office-appropriate pants, so here we go:
Wayf Front Pleat Crepe Pant – was $58, now $29.98
Nordstrom says these are “track” pants, but all that means in this case is that they’ve got an elasticized waistband. This pant is made from a drapey rayon crepe that is dressy enough for most business casual offices, and features a totally gorgeous print. Leave your shirt untucked if you’d prefer to conceal the elastic. Available in sizes XS – L. (If the print doesn’t send you, this solid black pair has a similar cut and shape.) ASOS Curve has a style called the Peg Pant that is similar, comes in several prints, and is available in sizes 14 – 24. Peg Pant also in petites.
Unionbay Elle Vent Hem Ankle Pant – was $48, now $19.99
For a less showy but still edgy look, a slim black pant with some hardware detailing is a great bet. This pair has zippered pockets as well as topstitching tuxedo details at the leg sides and three buttons at the hem. Available in sizes 0 – 13. These similar LOFT pants aren’t on sale, but come in regular, petite, and tall sizes 00 – 18. And if you like the zips but prefer a wider leg, these CK trousers come in charcoal and aubergine.
Artois Wide Leg Pant – was $148, now $39.95
Prints, colors, and unusual shapes all add edge to pant styles, and palazzos like these are definitely stand-outs. These have the added bonus of a dark, almost boudoir-esque print that can be balanced beautifully by a simple black sweater or blouse. Available in sizes 0 – 12. These palazzos come in several colors and prints and are available in 1X – 3X.
Petite Side Striped Straight Leg Pant – was $98, now $47.99
Extra 40% off added in shopping cart
These guys are only available in petite sizes 00, 0, 8, 10, and 12 online, but I wanted to include them because they’re a great example of a tuxedo-detail dress pant that isn’t over-the-top. There are lots of leather stripe pants available now, and they’ll work in certain office settings, but a more subtle version like this will be more versatile. (Call your local Ann Taylor to see if your size is available in-store!)
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for edgy but office-appropriate pants:
- Yoox – Size availability will be patchy, but so many fun options. This cobalt and black pair is phenomenal.
- Anthropologie – I still remember a pair of uneven-legged slacks that I tried on and HM talked me out of in the Anthro fitting rooms. (Like these.) I should’ve bought them! Check the sale racks if full-priced pants make you cringe.
- Modcloth – Every office is different and some styles will not pass muster, but poke around. These exaggerated widelegs with braces are fantastic, in my opinion.
- ASOS – Much like Modcloth, use your best judgment. But in among the weird and wild are more subdued pairs like the peg pants above and these jacquard crops.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! Look to the past for interesting pant styles that differ from what’s on the mall racks now. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.