*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Jenny requested a few picks for high-waisted skirts, so here we go:
NY & Co. Emma High Waist Skirt – was $59.95, now $29.97
This slim pencil skirt has a pared-down design, but that fiery red color means it’s guaranteed to make a statement! You can’t quite see it here, but there are seaming details down the front (and back) panels for a fun retro look. Fully lined and vented in back. Available in this red as well as winter white in sizes 0 – 20. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in sizes 14 – 28 in 10+ colors.
Teachin’ to the Choir Midi Skirt – was $59.99, now $41.99
As you might expect, most of the high-waisted skirts on the market are pencil skirts, so I wanted to include this pocketed flare skirt even if it’s not technically classified as high-waisted. It’s a polyester blend so likely to be lightweight, but the black watch plaid screams winter. Available in sizes XS – 4X.
Grace Element Zipper-front Pencil Skirt – was $60, now $18.99
with code FRIEND
Another not-officially-designated-as-high-waisted skirt, but included tonight for several reasons: It can definitely be worn high on the frame, it comes in six great colors, and it’s less than $20 on sale! Also love the slant pockets. Available in this mustard as well as black, charcoal, burgundy, navy, or tan in sizes XS – XL. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in plus sizes.
Melissa McCarthy Seven7 Floral Print Midi Pencil Skirt – was $79, now $47.40
And I had to include this plus-sized skirt because it’s so darned PRETTY. Product description says it’s designed with a high-waisted fit, and the stretch knit is designed to hug curves. (A reviewer pointed out that the style works best for straight/apple figures, and I believe her based on these photos.) Available in sizes 1X – 4X. This similar style is available in regular sizes.
Sustainable resources for high-waisted skirts:
- Fair Indigo – Confession: Aside from used and handmade, most sustainable skirts aren’t technically high-waisted. But this button-through skirt from Fair Indigo can definitely be worn higher than the natural waist!
- Reformation – Ditto for this trendy brand, but lots of skirts that sit high on the frame. This floaty wrap skirt could be tied at or above the natural waist.
- Etsy – 23,000 used, handmade, and vintage options!
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for high-waisted skirts:
- Modcloth – With its vintage design bent, this site is a great resource for high-waisted anything. Love this side-button pencil skirt. Plus sizes available in some styles.
- eShakti – High-waisted skirts in sizes 0 -36 and in customizable lengths!
- ASOS – Lots of affordable options in regular, petite, and plus sizes. This high-waisted denim mini is a classic.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.