*In this late-night feature – which will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Katy requested a few picks for budget-friendly boot cut jeans with a relatively high rise, so here we go:
Lee Platinum Label Angel Barely Boot – was $56, now $28
Lees are just fantastic, you guys. Never above $60, most styles under $40, amazing fit, great quality, wash well, last forever. I have a pair of the Barely Boot style and just adore them – not too flare-y, but still balanced and flattering. This style has a comfy 10.75″ front rise. Available in sizes 2 -18. Lee also does Barely Boot in petite and plus sizes.
Wit & Wisdom Itty Bitty Bootcut – was $64, now $38.40
My polka dot skinny jeans are Wit & Wisdom, and they’re good quality. This pair has a 9.5″ front rise which will be more of a mid-rise on many figures, but is still a lot higher than most pairs on the market! A great darker wash with some modern finishing. Available in sizes 0 – 16. (This style is similar and available in sizes 14W – 24W.)
Levi’s 512 Perfectly Slimming Bootcut Jeans – was $54, now $39.99
In my experience, most “slimming” jeans may have some sort of “tummy panel” but mostly just feature nice, high rises. These are listed as a mid-rise, but look waist-height to me! Available in sizes 4 -16 regular length, as well as some short lengths. Kohl’s also has Levi’s mid-rise boot cut jeans in petite and plus sizes, pretty much all on sale right now.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for budget-friendly boot cut jeans with a relatively high rise:
- Lee – It’s worth repeating: One of my own denim mainstays. Affordable, high-quality, and a great variety of higher rise styles.
- NYDJ – So this is an expensive brand, but stalk it for great sale prices. Super comfy, great quality, and high rises in regular, petite, and plus. This super dark wash pair is on sale but still $73 right now. Wait for clearance! Check 6pm and Nordstrom, too.
- Kut from the Kloth – If mid-rise is more your style, this brand offers lots of great styles including plus sizes. Nab ’em on sale when you can. Check 6pm, too.
- Eddie Bauer – Even the lower rise styles are higher than Gap and similar. Great dark washes, too.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! Older styles will have higher rises, and boot cuts are eternal. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.