*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
multimodaltime requested a few picks for purple work dresses, so here we go:
Vince Camuto Crepe A-Line Dress – was $148, now $88.80
Yay for sleeves! I love everything about this dress from the bateau neckline and 3/4 sleeves to the princess seams and versatile shape. Looks a bit short on this model, but is 36.5″ long according to the description. Available in this purple as well as magenta, sea blue, ivory, cobalt, black, or coral in sizes 2 -16. Also in petites in black, magenta, and sea blue. Runs small, order up. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in purple in plus sizes.
Talbots Refined Crepe Drape-neck Dress – was $149, now $111.75
Still not cheap, but SO classy and ideal for work wear. It can be hard to find a higher neckline that’s also interesting and flattering, but this one is all three. 41″ long for a less revealing fit. Available in this purple as well as black, cobalt, or forest green in sizes 2 – 20, as well as petite and plus sizes. Size availability varies by color.
Star Vixen Twist-front Dress – was $55, now $26.84 – $39.99
The bargain of the night to be sure, this dress is also made in the U.S.! Reviewers love the fit, and I’m sure this dress will look equally smashing on its own or underneath a favorite cardigan. Looks like it might be a bit sheer, so prepare to bust out the half-slip. Available in this purple as well as cobalt, red, black, or jade in sizes S – XL. Size availability varies by color. Also in plus sizes.
Tahari Mock Neck Sheath Dress – was $128, now $59.99
It’s tough to find a sheath with true short sleeves (instead of caps), but this one’s got ’em. Plus waist-accentuating zippers and a neckline that’s begging for a big, bold bib necklace. Available in this purple as well as mustard in sizes 2 – 16. Size availability varies by color. This similar style from Tahari is available in purple in plus sizes, and if you prefer a truer sheath this style is sleeveless but available through size 36W.
Sustainable resources for purple work dresses:
- Fair Indigo – Nothing in true eggplant just now, but some lovely jewel-toned purples in organic cotton.
- Star Vixen – Pretty plums and dusty purples from the made-in-the-U.S. company. Plus sizes available.
- Karen Kane – Another U.S.-made option! Mostly trapeze dresses that will look great with tights and boots, but also this eggplant flared dress.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for purple work dresses:
- eShakti – Always a go-to for dresses! Dozens of gorgeous purples, including this sweetheart neckline knit dress. All dresses available in sizes 0 – 36W.
- Nordstrom – Gorgeous, classic options for regular, petite, and plus sizes. Love this simple seamed ponte sheath.
- Macy’s – A great selection of sheaths and flared options. This sunburst sheath will look great layered under a chic blazer.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.