*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Heather requested a few picks for silk blouses with shaped waists, so here we go:
White House Black Market Silk Dot Blouse – was $94, now $39.99
That’s a heck of a deal for 100% silk, friends. This short-sleeved blouse may be a little lightweight to wear on its own now, but throw it under a blazer until spring. Then show off its shape by pairing with some simple slacks and bold red accents. Available in sizes 0 -16 and petite 0 -12. This floaty dot blouse is available in 16 -24, though not silk.
Also love this solid-colored shaped, sleeveless blouse with a bow detail. Even more of a bargain at $21.87!
Maxstudio Stretch Georgette Blouse – was $228, now $128
Considerably more expensive, but SO lovely. It’s 95% silk, 5% elastane for a little bit of stretch, so both comfy and warm. This blouse is designed to be worn untucked, and is so eye-catching you won’t need much more than a pair of earrings to complete the look. Available in black and bordeaux in sizes XS – L. Size availability varies by color. This silk-front shirt isn’t quite the same shape, but has a drape-front detail and available in 0X – 3X.
Channeled Ciel Top – was $128, now $69.95
With all the peplums around these days, I’m surprised I didn’t find more silk peplum blouses – an easy and on-trend shortcut to waist shaping. This embellished pullover has a fairly high waist and short length, so would likely look fab with a pencil skirt. Available in sizes XS – L. Also in petite sizes XXS – L.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for shaped silk blouses:
- Maxstudio – SO many gorgeous options, though pricey ones. This draped bust blouse is stunning.
- White House Black Market – Silk and silk blend blouses are a staple for this retailer, and several are shaped.
- Wintersilks – A great source for all things silk! This asymmetric tunic is lovely.
- eBay – Loving the options for shaped silk blouses. A nice variety of prints and sizes, too.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! It’ll be hit or miss, for sure, but definitely worth a look. Most modern silk blouses are formless/boxy, but vintage ones were sometimes shaped. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.