*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Chris requested a few picks for stylish mother of the bride/groom dresses, so here we go:
J.Crew Alisa Dress in Leavers Lace – was $228, now $118.80 – $130.80
with code SCORE
Many of the J.Crew Weddings dresses are either floor-length or strapless, but a handful are more versatile, including this lovely lace frock. The illusion yoke and hem give a bit more coverage, as do the cap sleeves. Add a floaty wrap if you’re still likely to get chilly. Available in this dusty rose as well as champagne, teal, navy, mint, cobalt, black, or burgundy in sizes 00 -16. Size availability varies by color. This 3/4-sleeve sheath version also comes in petites and through size 20. Here’s a similar style available in plus sizes, and this one comes in petite and long lengths.
Lauren Ralph Lauren Ruched Illusion Gown – was $260, now $195 – $97.49
with code FRIEND
Of the floor-length gowns I scoped out, this was my favorite. This illusion yoke is going to require a strapless bra, so not a choice every mom of the bride/groom will want to make, but classy, classic, lovely, and versatile. Add some sparkly jewels for an evening wedding or leave it plain for a more casual affair. Available in this navy as well as black or gray/white in sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16. Size availability varies by color. This similar gown is available in a full size run 2 – 14. This gown has more embellishment, but is similar in shape and color and available in plus sizes. If you like the look but prefer a shorter hemline, try this dress.
Talbots Crepe Dress – was $149, now $89.99
with code FRIENDS30
Prefer a non-maxi but need something longer than knee-length? This crepe dress offers plenty of coverage but doesn’t read as dowdy. And love those bodice and neckline details – perfect for an afternoon or outdoor wedding. Available in this lavender as well as black or sky blue in sizes 4-20, as well as petite sizes. If you’re concerned about the Designated Boob Room in this design, try this refined crepe dress instead, in regular, petite, plus, and petite plus sizes. Talbots also has great sheaths, like this doupioni and this flowered matelassé.
Sustainable resources for stylish mother of the bride/groom dresses:
- Reformation – Kinda. Reformation does lovely formal dresses, but some may be a little clingy/revealing for MOTB/G. Worth looking, though!
- Karen Kane – Great options for less formal weddings, like this scallop lace dress. Petite and plus sizes available.
- Nanette Lepore – Some frocks are pretty short, but others are midi length. Also check eBay.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for stylish mother of the bride/groom dresses:
- Nordstrom – My guess is that many of you think of dowdy beige gowns when you think of Nordstrom’s MOTB/G offerings, but dig deeper. You’ll find great options like this elegant Jenny Yoo chiffon dress.
- Tadashi Shoji – If you’re willing and able to spend $300+, this designer is my current fave for tasteful formal dresses. Also check Neiman’s and Saks.
- Talbots – As evidenced above. Search their whole collection, not just the “occasion” dresses.
- eShakti – Is the wedding on the casual side? Check here for pretty frocks in sizes 0 – 36W.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.