*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Ericka requested a few picks for summery pencil skirts, so here we go:
J.Crew Factory Pencil Skirt in Double-serge Cotton – was $75, now $39.50–$59.50
Many pencil skirts are made from cotton or cotton blends, so seasonality can come down to colors. From the description it sounds like this one might be unlined, which will make it breezy, and it comes in several light, fresh, summery shades. Available in red, black, melon, ivory, and this minty green in sizes 00 – 16. Size availability varies by color. Also in petites. This mint skirt is available in 18W – 22W, and CK has some cute plus options in cotton.
Banana Republic Pink Pencil Skirt – was $79.50, now $51.67
with code BRPICK1
This one is lined so it will transition into cooler weather, but also cotton and in a fantastically bright pink. Love it with white as shown here, but could also be worn with other shades of pink or any print that includes pink. Available in sizes 0 – 16, including tall and petite sizes. Banana Republic has loads of colorful pencil skirts right now, and the code above will get you 35% off any of them! Here’s a similarly colored pencil skirt in 14W – 24W.
Boden Modern Pencil Skirt – was $88, now $66
Bright prints are a great bet for summer, and this Boden offering comes in six glorious prints and timeless navy. You can pick from ivory geometric shapes, multicolored stripes, Monet-like dots, or this fun abstract floral (my fave.) It’s lined but cotton. Available in sizes 2 – 18, including petite and tall sizes. Also love this watercolor-print twill pencil skirt in sizes 14, 18, 26, and 28.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for summery pencil skirts:
- J.Crew and J.Crew Factory – J.Crew is pretty much always Pencil Skirt Central. In addition to the one shown above, you’ve got cotton twill, seersucker, and linen options.
- Banana Republic – Next stop on the Pencil Skirt Express. BR always stocks a few styles, and they’ve got some gorgeous summery colors now in addition to classic black.
- Ann Taylor – Since pencil skirts are an office staple, this office-focused vendor always has options. Love this linen-blend striped one.
- ASOS – Also one of your best bets for plus size pencil skirts.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! Pencil skirts are eternal, which means the racks will be bursting with them, including non-wintry fabrics like cotton and linen. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.