*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Several readers have requested a few picks for various types of sweater dress, so here we go:
Style&co. Cable-Knit A-Line Sweater Dress – was $69.50, now $39.09
with code STAR
I remember a request for A-line and full-skirted sweater dresses and I struggled to find any. This year? They’re available in abundance. This one has 3/4 sleeves and although it looks short, the description and reviews maintain it is knee-length on most figures. Available in this red as well as black, heather gray, and merlot in sizes XS – XL. Size availability varies by color. Also available in petite and plus sizes.
Sandra Darren Plus-Size Lace Fit & Flare Dress – was $100, now $70
I so dig that pattern. I’ve seen sweater dresses with heathering, but very few that have an actual pattern. Love the 3/4 sleeves and flared skirt. I’d probably belt this one, add some opaque black tights and brown boots, and call it good. Available in sizes 1X – 3x. Also in S – XL.
Chaps Surplice Sweaterdress – was $110, now $82.50
For those who prefer a slimmer, more sheath-like fit, this shawl-collar surplice sweater dress is a great option. Paired with tights and boots it will be cozy and comfy all winter long. Also in petite sizes, and this similar design comes in sizes 14W – 24W.
Jones New York Signature Plus Size Belted Sweater Dress – was $119, now $90.94
with code STAR
Here’s why the image is a bit wonky: The image for the plus size version – which is on sale – was TEENY. The regular size version is not on sale, but had a lovely big image. So we’ve got a hybrid. The plus version has a fabulous V- neckline – rare in sweater dresses – long sleeves, an A-line skirt, and removable belt. This one looks like and actually does hit at the knee. Available in charcoal in sizes 0X- 3X. Also in petite and regular sizes, not on sale.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for sweater dresses:
- eBay – For whatever reason, sweater dresses can be a bit tough to find. But eBay has thousands of options in various lengths, styles, and sizes.
- Macy’s – One of the few retailers that offers real variety, including a-line styles, petite and plus sizes, and some hemlines that aren’t super short.
- Kohl’s – Affordable, office-friendly options. Love this marled drop-waist style.
- Nordstrom – A nice variety of lengths and styles, including this long-sleeved Fair Isle and this striped/colorblocked plus-size one.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! It’ll be hit or miss, for sure, but especially now that the weather is truly turning some sweater dresses should start appearing on the racks. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.