*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Barbara requested a few picks for plus size business casual tops that will work in winter, so here we go:
Eloquii Button-detail Top – was $55.90, now $39.13
Long sleeves, check. High neckline, check. Mid-weight ponte, check. Three features that make this top a heat-retaining option. Plus it’s SUCH a cute shape and would look so sassy with a pencil skirt, tights, and boots. High neckline worrying you? Add a v-shaped bib necklace. Available in black as well as white in sizes 14- 22. Also love this button-free peplum top in five colors and sizes 14 – 28. This similar top is available in sizes XS – XL.
Vince Camuto Top with Asymmetrical Overlay – was $89, now $53.40
Orange is a hot color for spring, so this long-sleeved, multi-layered top will work well now and into the coming season. The asymmetric hemline gives it a cool twist, but it’s also a great canvas for a printed scarf or long pendant necklace. Also available in black, and in regular and petite sizes.
Talbots Envelope-shoulder Tee – was $69.50, now $52.12
Since a reviewer in South Florida said this top was too warm for her to wear, it’s bound to work better for those of us in colder climes. I believe that this is one of Talbots’ pieces with a double-layer front, which adds both shapeliness and warmth. Plus I love a square neckline! Available in this cobalt as well as pink, cream, black, mint, or lavender in sizes X – 3X, as well as regular, petite, and petite plus sizes. Size availability varies by color. If you prefer a narrow neckline, try this stand v-neck.
Not on sale, but still a bargain. My guess is that this is still a fairly thin top, but could easily be layered over a nude-to-you tank or tee or under a blazer for a chic late-winter look. Available in sizes 14 – 24. This similar style is available in sizes S – XL.
Sustainable resources for warm plus size business casual tops:
- Diane Kennedy – Some styles look warmer than others – this tunic, for instance – but all gorgeous, made from bamboo, and sewn in Canada.
- Eileen Fisher – Oh, how I wish there were more sustainable plus options! EF reliably does lovely merinos and a few cozier options like this organic cotton blend sweater.
- Neon Buddha – Designs are quirky, but colorful and fun to wear. If you can err on the casual side, this cowl-neck tunic is fantastic.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for warm plus size business casual tops:
- Eloquii – A great resource for stylish tops with higher necklines and chic details like this chambray bow blouse.
- Land’s End – In addition to sweaters in a variety of weights, Land’s End has a cute few ponte tops.
- eShakti – I’d go mainly for the cotton knits, which are nearly as heavy as ponte. And remember, you can customize neckline and sleeve style!
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.