*In this late-night feature – which will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Bridget requested a few picks for warm winter party dresses, so here we go:
eShakti Beaded Tulle Overlayer Dress – was $94.95, now $61.95
Doesn’t look terribly warm, does it? BUT! As with nearly all eShakti dresses, you can opt for a longer hemline – this one to ankle length – and different sleeve styles. Add bracelet or long sleeves to this, some black opaque tights, and a cashmere wrap and you’ll be toasty all evening long. Available in sizes 0 – 36W. (eShakti has other fun options, too, all on sale through 12/9. Love this retro floral/houndstooth sheath and this pleat-neck jacquard dress.)
Lauren Ralph Lauren Three Quarter Sleeve V-Neck Gown – was $190, now $124
So this particular dress is only available in size 4 and 14, but I’m sneaking it in anyway because Lauren has several similar dresses that are pretty darned spendy, but super classy and offer loads of coverage.
- Here’s the same dress in black, purple, or navy in sizes 0 – 16.
- A similar style in red in sizes 2 – 8 and 14W – 24W in red and purple.
- The exact same dress in black and navy in sizes 14W – 24W.
- AND! A very similar gown from Chaps for $66.50 in regular and in petite. Also in navy for $97.50.
The Lauren styles are not cheap … but wait a few days and see if Macy’s has another sale. You know they’re gonna.
Hale Bob Elisa Dress – was $216, now $172.80
And since it breaks my heart to show nothing but grays, here’s a slightly more colorful option. Spendy again, but that is silk velvet, people – a heavier, wintry fabric in a super warm fiber. Available in sizes XS – L. (Here’s a velvet dress available in 0X – 3X. Less expensive velvet options below, and Kohl’s has a few.)
Chaps Faux-wrap Empire Evening Gown – was $120, now $60
Another dress that’s strikingly similar to that Lauren beauty, but this one lacks the sparkly clip and is less than half the price. Apologies for the crappy image – I couldn’t for the life of me grab a larger one. Available in red, black, and navy in sizes 2 – 16.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for warm winter party dresses :
- Boden – Long sleeves, wool and silk, and linings abound. Some frocks are simple and will need dressing up, but embellished ones like this are also available.
- ASOS – Has some long-sleeve maxis that are party-appropriate and with code MOREMOREMORE everything is 30% off this week.
- Land’s End – The majority are casual, but formal options include velvet and flocked ponte, both warm and cozy.
- Nordstrom – ALWAYS my go-to for dresses with sleeves, and for fancy dresses of all kinds. This lace overlay dress has 3/4 sleeves, a knee-length hem, and a high neckline.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! There will be more long-sleeved and long-skirted dresses on the racks than you’ll be able to find at most department stores. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.