*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Julia requested a few picks for washable above-the-knee skirts, so here we go:
Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Pleated Knit Skirt – was $49.99, now $34.99
Hurrah! A sustainable option that’s affordable and fits tonight’s parameters! Plus it’s SUCH a cute skirt and a great twist on a plain knit tube or pencil skirt. I love this raisin color, but it’s also available in black, teal, or coral in sizes XS – XL. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in 11 colors in sizes 1X – 5X.
Athleta Bodega Skirt – was $69, now $22.97 – $69
If you prefer an A-line shape, this sueded tactel skirt from Athleta delivers. The ruched waistband is a cute detail and allows for tucking, but doesn’t look like it’ll add bulk if you leave your top untucked. Confession: Most of the sale colors are sold out online in larger sizes, but black is fully stocked, and the Athleta site has a “reserve in store” feature that allows you to locate your size and put it on hold at a local retail outlet. Available in this heather gray as well as olive, burgundy, and black in sizes XXS – XL, including petite sizes in black. Size availability varies by color. This similar skirt is available in five colors in sizes XXS – 3X.
L.L. Bean Washed Chino Skirt – was $275, now $26.99 – $44.99
And if you’re looking for structure in your washable skirt, this simple chino version fits the bill. I love that this skirt has a side zip instead of a fly, reducing bulk in the midsection area. Available in this navy as well as coral or tan in sizes 2 – 20, including petite sizes 2 – 20. This similar skirt has a front fly, but is also chino and washable and available in four colors in sizes 22W – 34W.
Sustainable resources for washable above-the-knee skirts:
- Fair Indigo – Cute skirts in versatile jewel tones and organic cottons.
- Alternative – A great choice for arty skirts like this asymmetric one.
- prAna – Check this brand for non-knit options like this cute printed denim skirt.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for washable above-the-knee skirts:
- Athleta – Modern, tailored options in regular, petite, tall, and plus sizes. Petite and plus sizes in some styles.
- L.L. Bean – Lots of mid-calf styles, it’s true, but all skirts are washable and shorter styles like this sweet skort are available, too. Petite and plus sizes in some styles.
- QVC – I wouldn’t have thought to look here, but found a wealth of options like this simple, versatile black skirt. Petite and plus sizes in some styles.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.