*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Karen requested a few picks for wide-legged trousers, so here we go:
Talbots Lindsey Wide-leg Pant – was $99, now $69.30
with code FRIENDS30
When I think wide-legs, I think Talbots, so I was thrilled to see that the store’s friends & family sale is on right now! This pair has a side-entry zipper for a clean fit, a nice high rise, and is machine washable. WIN. Available in this navy as well as heather tan, solid tan, heather gray, or black in sizes 2 – 20 including some long lengths, petite sizes, and plus sizes. Size availability varies by color.
J. Crew Wide-leg Pant in Wool – was $148, now $111
with code SHOPNOW
Karen was hoping for the full-on Kate Hepburn look, and this gorgeous wool pair screams old Hollywood. Two notes, though: They are unlined, so if you’re super sensitive to wool they might drive you up a wall. Reviewers also say they run small, so consider sizing up. Available in this gray as well as black in sizes 000 – 16. Size availability varies by color. Also in petite sizes. This pant is crepe instead of wool, but comes in plus sizes. This one has a straight leg instead of wide, but is wool and in plus sizes.
Express High Rise Pleated Wide Leg Pant – was $59.90, now $39.90
These borderline-palazzos are dramatic but also look incredibly comfy. I do love a pull-on pant, and this pair has a high rise. Available in sizes XS – L. This similar style is available in plus sizes. Express has some other cute wide legs including this blush pink pair.
Sustainable resources for wide-legged trousers:
- Everlane – Wide legs in wool flannel or cropped cotton.
- Eileen Fisher – If you’re game for an artier wide leg, Eileen’s your gal. Lantern crops and exaggerated volume abound.
- The Realreal – More than 3,000 gently used designer pairs, many of them the same price as brand-new mall brand pants.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for wide-legged trousers:
- Talbots – Even when other brands are sticking to slimmer silhouettes, Talbots typically stocks truly wide-legged trousers.
- Modcloth – For the true Hollywood/Hepburn look, try this retro-influenced retailer. This high-waisted houndstooth pair is darling.
- Anthropologie – Lots of crops, but full-length options, too, like this nubby tweed pair.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.