*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Haley requested a few picks for work tops that she can move in, so here we go:
Boden Tamara Top – was $108, now $45.90 – $66.30
Haley teaches music to elementary school kids, and I think this top would be perfect for her needs. It’s loose and breezy, but could be tucked into a skirt or trousers to bring in the volume. It’s got a nice high neckline and long sleeves for coverage, and it’s machine washable viscose. Win! Available in this dot print as well as a coral/red/mustard dot and two large florals in sizes 2 – 18. Size availability varies by color. This top has a similar shape in sizes 0X- 3X. Also love this tencel/loycell Boden blouse, which is machine washable, too.
Caslon Space Dyed Knit Shirt – was $48, now $28.80
If you think “button-front” when you think “work top,” a knit version like this is a fantastic alternative to traditional wovens. Far more flexible, stretches with your curves, and moves with your body. Nordstrom says this is a hand-wash shirt, but I bet it’d do great on the gentle cycle. Available in this gray as well as light navy marl or light olive marl in sizes XS – XL, including petite sizes. Size availability varies by color. This similar style is available in 1X – 3X in three colors. Also digging this sweater-knit button-front and this Johnny Collar which comes in regular, petite, and plus sizes.
Land’s End 3/4-sleeve Cotton Boat Neck – was $35, now $16.99
And, of course, a comfy, washable, absorbent cotton top in a pretty print is always a great option for active work environments. Throw on a jacket for extra coverage, or wear on its own. This one comes in this floral as well as navy with white dots, two pretty paisleys, a black and white paisley/floral, and a tan and pink floral in sizes XS – XL, as well as petite, plus, and tall sizes. Size availability varies by color.
Sustainable resources for work tops that move:
- Fair Indigo – Mostly basics, but clean-lined tops available in some versatile styles. This half-sleeve boatneck would work with so many outfits.
- Gudrun Sjödén – Most of Gudrun’s clothes are loose-fitting, washable, and available in great colors and prints.
- LISSA the Shop – Organic cotton and sustainable options in lots of comfy shapes. Get an extra 10% off sale prices with code PRETTY10
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for work tops that move:
- Land’s End – Aside from a few blouses and button-fronts, LE’s tops are all about comfort. This arty printed 3/4-sleeve would look great layered or on its own.
- Anthropologie – I’m always pleasantly surprised by Anthro’s selection of comfy, washable tops. This pullover has some funky design details and would be fab for a business casual setting.
- Boden – Boden does a great job of making dressy shapes from casual materials, like this slinky cowl neck.
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details. Sustainable options are either used, handmade, made in the U.S., artisan made in non-sweatshop conditions, or made using sustainable/fair trade practices.